Sunday, June 14, 2009

I'm Going to Phish



I did it. I just bought a ticket to Star Lake, got the time off work, procured a vehicle through my generous sister, and was blessed with the understanding of my lovey girlfriend.

My plan is to take off Thursday morning, grab some supplies once I'm in the US and make it down to Burgettestown, PA by mid-afternoon. I am hoping to help a friend out by selling some of his artwork and earning enough commission to cover at least my gas.

Since we are heading to Chatham, ON for Father's Day I can meet the others there and just do a loop through the Rust Belt. After the Burgettestown show they are playing Friday night just north of Indianapolis (Noblesville, IN) so I will hit that up. I will need to find a ticket to that one though, but I'm not too worried.

This is all going to happen fast so I've put together a list of the basics and will go from there. Hotels are not in the equation. I am bringing a tent, but will most likely just sleep in the car. I'll bring a small cooler to keep meat, fruit and drinks. I'll have a few beers, but this is going to be a completely sober experience for me. One that I'm quite looking forward to actually. I will probably give into a balloon or two. Ha ha.

Weather.com is calling for scattered thunderstorms each day at each venue. Hopefully they scatter somewhere that's not over us. That would put a damper on things, but I'd most likely be well rested.

I'll post some of the artwork soon.

-mrjackstraw


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...