Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get Ready, Here It Comes



November 1st. If you live in Canada this is the day that you should come to grip with the fact that the snow and wind is coming soon and it's going to stick around for a while. If you see snow when you wake up in the morning, it should come as no surprise now. There's no need to say, "Holy shit! It snowed last night." You know, like it's a complete surprise. We've all been here before.

I know snow has already touched down in many parts of Canada, but I live in Toronto & for now that is my perspective. I realize we are lucky not to get the severe winter like Winnipeg, St John's or The Far North. I believe this is mainly because we live in a bubble here in Toronto. A self created smog/heat bubble created by our need to drive everywhere. Toxic gasses protect us from severe cold and snow. Ha! Who really has it good? The Freezers or the Fume Suckers. Slave to the Traffic Light.

I don't know why people won't clean up their leaves. I live in an area with lots of big trees. Lots. Even yesterday, Halloween, when every house would get a lot of foot traffic from little kids no less, most people didn't even remove the wet slippery leaves from their walkways and sidewalks. This leads to a mushy mess and the leaves get stuck from being trod on over and over. These are also the house that leave their leaves on the road all winter, covering the drains and causing a build up of water every time the weather goes above freezing and then creating solid ice patches as soon as it freezes. I think non-rakers should have their houses marked and people with dogs should be allowed to let them do their business on these lawns without requiring clean up. I mean if they don't give a shit how their non-action fucks up the rest of the block for months, why should others care if their dogs shit on the offenders lawns?

Other stuff....

....a return to Miami for New Year's Eve. My sister & I made the trip down for 3 of the four shows in 2003.



....an intriguing movie about the behind the scenes wheeling & dealing that cost Seattle their basketball team. Sonicsgate. Thanks to Bill Simmons at ESPN for the info.

....celebstoner. If you're into celebrities and weed this may be a good site for you. Be careful though. Celebrity Worship is the fastest growing religion in North America.

....I don't play video games much. Hardy at all in fact. Just wastes my time. Now I do play online poker, but I feel this require a high level of thinking to play it right and if I'm going to play something it might as well work something out. For those looking for a mini-mind workout where Cheerleaders are involved, check out this game over at ESPN. Don't play too long though. Life is what happens to everybody else while you're stuck on the couch.

Peace,
mjs



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...