Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010 NFL Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend





OK, the 2010 NFL Playoffs kick off today and like most degenerates I too have bets in place. Last week I listed the games and the lines as they were first posted:

Saturday Jan 9th, 2010

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals(-3)
Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (-4)

Sunday Jan 10th, 2010

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots (-3.5)
Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals (-2.5)

Here's how they look now:

Saturday Jan 9th, 2010

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals(-3)
Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (-3.5)

Sunday Jan 10th, 2010

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots (-3.5)
Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals (+1.5)

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals(-3)
I have the Bengals -3 for 4 Units. Last week was last week & the Bengals weren't playing for much. Cincy showed them nothing on defense and as such Sanchez did not have to convert many 3rd & longs. Cincy will have two starters back on the D-line that were rested/injured last week and they have two shut down corners as well. I don't see the Jets being able to move the ball very well, if at all. Plus there's the rookie QB on the road thing. This line should be closer to -6 or -7, but last week's game really seemed to captivate the public. Plus the NY casual gambler has come out to play this weekend.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys (-3.5)
I got Philly here at +4 for 1 Unit. The Eagles seem to play their best when The City of Brotherly Love is spewing venom on them. I don't think the Dallas stadium intimidates them and I also don't think they showed the Cowboys much last week. I think this will be a close one, but it could go either way. This will be a tough loss to take for whoever that is and as a neutral fan it will be interesting.

Baltimore Ravens @ New England Patriots (-3.5)
The Ravens @ +3.5 for 3 Units. I like Baltimore to come out of this game straight up so of course I will take the points. Gillette Stadium isn't the Fortress it used to be. Flacco just needs his receivers to stop dropping very catch-able passes. Welker is out as well. I know you never say never when Brady is involved, but I just really like Baltimore here despite the coast to coast travel (Oakland).

Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals (+1.5)

I have the Cardinals here on 2 bets. 1 Unit to win straight up and 1.5 Units @ +1.5. Green Bay is playing great right now and they came into Arizona last week and killed. That being said, do you think Arizona showed them anything? Anything at all like what they will showcase tomorrow? Nope. Once Minny won early, the Cards shut it down and went vanilla. Way different story this week. The public has moved this line 4 points to where Arizona is now a home dog. This is a combo of a few things...last week's game, some notable injuries to a couple of Arizona players (Boldin & Rodgers-Cromartie), the general public loving to bet GB. I am happy to take advantage of this by countering with a non-100% Charles Woodson along with Al Harris being out, the head-coaching advantage (football IQ) of Whisenhunt over McCarthy and the fact that the Cardinals are a very solid team on all sides of the ball.

Now I would not be surprised if Green Bay wins this game. There is no doubt they have the talent to do it and that would set up a mouth watering Favre 3.0 for next weekend. I mention this because of another bet I made as a hedge. Before the season started I made a bet with an avid Packers fan for $25 that they would not make it to the Super Bowl. I gave him 4:1 odds. He could have got better odds pretty much anywhere else. Whatever. I have put $11 on the Pack to win the NFC Championship. It pays out at $121. I was able to use his money to basically buy insurance and thus guarantee a profit no matter which way things shake out.

OK. That's it for now. As a tribute to the playoffs and the many different scenarios that can play out check out the Grateful Dead's So Many Roads for 1994 in Las Vegas no less. I have been on such a kick with this song lately especially after have heard the Furthur version from NYE. Wow, So Many Roads to ease my soul for sure!




Good luck this week & be good to each other.
-mrjackstraw


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...