Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Jerry!!



Yes, the Fat Man would have been 68 if my math serve me. So below we have a monster 1973 show from Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City, NJ courtesy of Archive.org

Promised Land, Sugaree, The Race is On, You Ain't Woman Enough, Bird Song, Mexicali Blues, They Love Each Other, Jack Straw, Stella Blue, Big River, Casey Jones Around & Around, Mississippi Half Step, Me & My Uncle, Row Jimmy, Dark Star-> El Paso-> Eyes Of The World-> Morning Dew, Sugar Magnolia; E: Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad > One More Saturday Night

The Row Jimmy through Morning Dew is the generally acknowledged meat and potatoes of the show and Jerry is on fire.  The Bird Song from the 1st set  is a good example of why many jazz fans become drawn to The Dead.

After seeing his former band-mates in June, I like many others I'm sure, can't help but wonder what could have been if he never started chasing the dragon.  Aah well, philosophy for another day I think.  Today we'll just sit back and Smile, Smile, Smile...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...