Sunday, November 22, 2009

Movies, Real Estate, Michigan & Phootball



I went with the GF to see Where the Wild Things Are last night. Pretty good. I knew nothing of the story going in (I may have been the only one) so I had no idea what to expect. There voices of the creatures were done by James Gandolfini, Chris Cooper, Catherine O'Hara, Forrest Whitaker and Seth Green to name a few. We went Middle Eastern for food before the show at her favorite Falafel joint near the theatre. I had a gyro. Oh yeah! We strolled down Queen St W after the show as it was such a nice night, but I gotta tell you, that part of Queen is so lame now. The night crowd was pretty much non-existent as the street is pretty much a high end mall. As long as the landlords are making money I guess.

Michigan lost to Ohio State again yesterday. I took Michigan at +11 and pushed the bet. I think that's like 5 or 6 in a row now that OSU has won in the series. Michigan is a young team though and replacing Rich Rodriguez is the last thing they should be thinking about. Programs that have a revolving door at Head Coach go no where. It's not fair to the players that were recruited. He's a proven winner and though the program has seen lows these past 2 years like never before, it won't stay that way. Our QB won't be a freshman next year and everyone else will have another year under their belts.

As far as the pros....the Lions have a good shot this week to win their 2nd game. I want as high of a draft pick as possible, but the team has gone through enough psychological damage already. Though it may cost us a spot or two in the draft, we need to beat Cleveland at home.

My picks vs the spread....

CAROLINA -3 over Miami
Cleveland +3.5 over DETROIT
JACKSONVILLE -8.5 over Buffalo
BALTIMORE +6.5 over Indianapolis
Atlanta +6 over NY GIANTS
Pittsburgh -9.5 over KANSAS CITY
GREEN BAY -5.5 over San Francisco
MINNESOTA -10.5 over Seattle
Washington +11 over DALLAS
TAMPA BAY +13 over New Orleans
NY Jets +10 over NEW ENGLAND
OAKLAND +9 over Cincinnati
Arizona -7 over ST LOUIS
San Diego -2.5 over DENVER
Philadelphia -3 over CHICAGO
Tennessee +4.5 over HOUSTON

The Tennessee over Houston is my play of the week. I also really like JAX over Buffalo especially in light of the coaching change that happened mid-week.

The Phish Fall Tour is 3 shows deep and has been raging so far. You can check out all the details at the Phish Tour Blog.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...