Sunday, November 15, 2009

Beautiful Fall Football



The weather in Toronto this past week has been exceptional. Golf worthy. Enjoy it. It's on our weather credit card. We will pay with interest. Just remember this week next April when the bitter cold returns for a week right after we thought we'd broken through to Spring. That will be the payback.

I'm in a Pro Picks pool at work. 4 of us play the $5 straight-up NFL picks. If one wins, we split 4 ways. This is only my 2nd week in the consortium. The way it works in Ontario is that everyone's $5 is put into one prize pool (less the government rake) and all the winners split. So if all the favorites win you can expect a bunch of people to split the pot. The prize pool is usually around $500,000. One week I won for $87 so there were over 5000 of us who won. The trick to a big score is to pick a few upsets. I'm looking to split this 5-10 ways if I win. At the end of the day it's just a lottery that you can cheer for. You can't cheer for numbered balls with much passion.

My picks (straight-up):

Atlanta
Miami
Minnesota
Jacksonville
Cincinnati
New Orleans
Tennessee
Denver
Kansas City
Arizona
Dallas
Philadelphia
Indianapolis
Baltimore

If all of these come through I should be on a short list of people who split. I think I will be in the minority by picking JAX, CIN, PHI, but I think all 3 have legit shots at winning outright. We'll see.

My picks vs the spread for week 10:

SF -3
ATL -2
TB +9.5
MIN -15.5
JAX +6.5
CIN +6.5
NO -14
BUF +6.5
DEN -6.5
KC +1.5
PHI +2.5
DAL -3
ARI -8
IND -3
BAL -10.5

I'm in a spread pool at work as well. $5 per week. Again, only my second week so I'm -$5 in this pool so far. It's winner take all. Usually about $85-100 so 1 win will cover the year and in my case, guarantee a profit.

Good luck this week.

mjs



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...